We understand that preparing a case often involves handling large amounts of financial and technical evidence, testimony and documentation. As CPAs, we possess expertise in a wide range of accounting, financial, statistical, forensic auditing and economic matters, including providing expert witness testimony.
- Experience - We have more than 30 years of experience in all phases of litigation support
- Courtroom presence - We provide you with credible and persuasive experts who stand up to the pressures of cross-examination.
- Authoritative credentials - Our professionals possess superior technical capabilities gained from top-notch educational training and extensive hands-on experience. (See William M. Michaelson's Curriculum Vitae for details regarding his credentials.)
- Reliability and resource availability - We recognize that you are continually working under tight time constraints--so we make special efforts to have resources available to you at all times.
We offer the following litigation support services:
- Preliminary Case Analysis
Prior to an attorney accepting a case, we help in determining a preliminary value of anticipated damages and the feasibility of acquiring sufficient evidence.
- Causation of Damages
We assist the plaintiff's attorney in proving, or the defendant's attorney in refuting, that the defendant's actions caused damages.
- Damage Studies
We help determine whether a defendant's actions caused harm to a plaintiff and quantify the resulting damages.
- Criminal Actions
We assist in the development of the fact pattern based on the evidence present to evaluate the gult or innocence of the client.
We assist in preparing financial statements, lists of creditors' claims, and other analyses to help establish the financial facts.
- Divorce Actions
We assist in identifying the source and disposition of profits and assets, developing asset distribution models, planning the tax aspects and related analyses.
- Investigative Services
We help determine the facts to develop or refute financial claims.
What is a Certified Fraud Examiner?*
A Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is a specialist in the detection and/or deterrence of a wide variety of fraudulent conduct -- from discovering employees or executives who misappropriate company assets to assisting investors who are defrauded in the course of commercial transactions.
A CFE is responsible for resolving allegations of fraud, obtaining evidence, taking statements and writing reports, testifying to findings and assisting in the prevention and detection of fraud. William M. Michaelson is pleased to have met the rigorous criteria for admission to the Association of CFEs.
*Excerpts are taken from informational brochures distributed by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners